Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email. Please make sure you tell us what Email address to unsubscribe and put the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Note that, if you do, Homeworks Inspections may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Homeworks Inspections product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honored.
Homeworks Inspections collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Homeworks Inspections collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding Homeworks Inspections’s services;
- to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Homeworks Inspections , its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Homeworks Inspections’s site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Homeworks Inspections and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Homeworks Inspections site or any product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Homeworks Inspections , including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Homeworks Inspections site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Homeworks Inspections’s site, products and services.
Homeworks Inspections also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
Homeworks Inspections limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Homeworks Inspections does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the Homeworks Inspections web site, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the Homeworks Inspections site previously. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Homeworks Inspections web site, you may not be able to view all the text on the screens, or to experience a personalised visit, or to subscribe to certain service and product offerings on the Homeworks Inspections site.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Homeworks Inspections does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to Homeworks Inspections’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Homeworks Inspections’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if Homeworks Inspections has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Homeworks Inspections’s rights or property, other users of Homeworks Inspections’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Homeworks Inspections or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the Canada or the United States, or in any other country in which Homeworks Inspections or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Homeworks Inspections will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Homeworks Inspections’s compliance with any applicable law.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Homeworks Inspections will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Homeworks Inspections about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling 705-424-2800 or sending an email. Homeworks Inspections will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
Access to Personal Information
Homeworks Inspections will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by calling 705-424-2800
or writing to:
5 Centre Street
Angus, ON, L0M 1B0
If Homeworks Inspections is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Homeworks Inspections or the Privacy Officer as described above. Homeworks Inspections will promptly correct such personal information.